By Rafal Kuc
Over a hundred recipes to make Apache Solr swifter, extra trustworthy, and go back larger results
* the way to make Apache Solr seek quicker, extra entire, and comprehensively scalable.
* resolve functionality, setup, configuration, research, and question difficulties in no time.
* become familiar with, and grasp, the recent interesting beneficial properties of Apache Solr 4.
Apache Solr is a blazing quick, scalable, open resource firm seek server equipped upon Apache Lucene. Solr is wildly renowned since it helps complicated seek standards, faceting, consequence highlighting, query-completion, question spell-checking, and relevancy tuning, among different various features.
"Apache Solr four Cookbook" will help you get the main from your seek engine. packed with useful recipes and examples, this e-book will allow you to organize Apache Solr, track and benchmark functionality in addition to index and learn your info to supply larger, extra specific, and priceless seek data.
"Apache Solr four Cookbook" will make your seek greater, extra exact and swifter with sensible recipes on crucial subject matters resembling SolrCloud, querying info, seek faceting, textual content and knowledge research, and cache configuration.
With a number of functional chapters situated on very important Solr thoughts and techniques, Apache Solr four Cookbook is a vital source for builders who desire to take their wisdom and talents additional. completely up-to-date and more advantageous, this Cookbook additionally covers the alterations in Apache Solr four together with the striking functions of SolrCloud.
What you are going to research from this book
* effective and configurable Apache Solr four setup
* Index your facts in several codecs, kinds, and sources
* enforce diversified autocomplete functionality
* in attaining close to genuine time seek with Apache Solr 4
* increase and benchmark Apache Solr for elevated performance
* grasp SolrCloud functionality
* Diagnose and unravel your issues of Apache Solr 4
* enhance the relevance of your queries
* triumph over universal difficulties whilst reading your data
"Apache Solr four Cookbook" is written in a useful, sensible kind with quite a few hands-on recipes that can assist you grasp Apache Solr to get extra particular seek effects and research, better functionality, and reliability.
Who this booklet is written for
This e-book is for builders who desire to how to grasp Apache Solr four. This publication will in particular attract builders who desire to quick become familiar with the adjustments and new good points of Apache Solr four. This ebook can also be convenient as a pragmatic consultant to fixing universal difficulties and matters while utilizing Apache Solr.
Read Online or Download Apache Solr 4 Cookbook PDF
Best nonfiction books
starting WebGL for HTML5 will get you speedily in control with WebGL, a robust new images language in the browser. You'll render practical scenes with complicated lighting fixtures versions, shadows, mixing and textures. You'll additionally use arithmetic to version fractals and particle platforms. Going past that, starting WebGL for HTML5 offers complicated vertex and fragment shader utilization for growing gorgeous, top-end effects.
You'll make the most of utilizing glossy frameworks to swiftly strengthen complicated scenes, and utilize many instruments to aid enhance rendering functionality and debugging. starting WebGL for HTML5 builds your serious WebGL improvement abilities whereas being relaxing at every one step of ways.
* fast wake up to hurry with WebGL
* Render life like scenes
* paintings quicker with frameworks
* increase rendering functionality
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * A scene setup and rendering refresher
* complex GLSL usages
* Rendering lifelike scenes with lighting fixtures, mixing, reflections, shadows and extra
* the present nation of WebGL cellular help
* functionality optimizations
* bettering productiveness through the use of current frameworks and loading types
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
starting WebGL for HTML5 is for the snap shots fanatic who's able to convey their skillset to the following point and create extra practical, appealing scenes. Beginning WebGL for HTML5 is a smart selection for somebody with present OpenGL or Canvas second wisdom eager to transition to WebGL. it truly is an outstanding selection for these desirous to have excessive functionality images coded in minimum time.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3><ol> * environment The Scene
* Shaders one zero one
* Textures and lights
* expanding Realism
* Fractals, top Maps, and Particle platforms
* 3. js Framework
* productiveness instruments
* Debugging and function
* results, counsel and tips
* Afterword: the way forward for WebGL
* Appendix B: portraits Refresher
* Appendix C: WebGL Spec. Odds and Ends
* Appendix D: extra assets
This can be the 1st English translation of the 1st quantity of truth Transurfing, the head non-fiction bestellers on this planet in 2005 and 2006. It describes a brand new method of fact, certainly of constructing it. It offers a systematic rationalization of the legislation that assist you do that, build up a systematic version, conversing intimately approximately specific principles to keep on with and giving very important how-to information, illustrated with examples.
Greater than a hundred and forty years for the reason that his dying, the iconic legacy of an exceptional president, an American good fortune tale, and the prestigious chief of the Civil conflict keeps. Abraham Lincoln: prices, Quips, and Speeches captures the essence of the 16th president. as well as Lincoln's personal phrases, Gordon Leidner contains insights into the fellow through those that knew him top, from his spouse, Mary Todd Lincoln, to his maximum political opponent, Stephen A.
Milton is familiar with what young children like approximately whales, and packs a large amount of details into the publication.
- Max Stirner's Dialectical Egoism: A New Interpretation
- Tai Chi—The Perfect Exercise: Finding Health, Happiness, Balance, and Strength
- The Fox and the Hound
- Deceived Wisdom: Why What You Thought Was Right Is Wrong
- Betty Page Confidential
- Candy Bomber: The Story of the Berlin Airlift's "Chocolate Pilot"
Extra resources for Apache Solr 4 Cookbook
18 Chapter 1 If you need near real-time indexing and searching, you should use solr. NRTCachingDirectoryFactory. It is designed to store some parts of the index in memory (small chunks) and thus speed up some near real-time operations greatly. RAMDirectoryFactory, is the only one that is not persistent. The whole index is stored in the RAM memory and thus you'll lose your index after restart or server crash. RAMDirectoryFactory. One would ask, why should I use that factory? Imagine a volatile index for an autocomplete functionality or for unit tests of your queries' relevancy.
43 Indexing Your Data How it works... xml part which actually defines a new request handler, Data Import Handler, to be used by Solr. The
The request handler definition, the Data Import Handler configuration, and command queries were discussed in the How to properly configure Data Import Handler with JDBC recipe in this chapter. xml file. As you can see, we have three entities defined. The first entity gathers data from the page table and maps two of the columns to the index fields. The next entity is nested inside the first one and gathers the revision identifier from the table revision with the appropriate condition. The revision identifier is then mapped to the index field.
Apache Solr 4 Cookbook by Rafal Kuc